elcome to WWW Wednesday which is currently being hosted by Sam @ Taking On A World of Words. It’s really just a place to do little update on what all you’ve been reading lately. Anyone is welcome to join, just leave a link to your post in the comments and be sure to give the appropriate credit to Sam!
The Three W’s are:
- What are you currently reading?
- What did you recently finish reading?
- What do you think you’ll read next?
What are you currently reading?
- Dreamland Burning by Jennifer Latham – audiobook
- Middlemarch by George Eliot – physical book
- Sorcery of Thorns by Margaret Rogerson – physical book
- Erotic Stories for Punjabi Widows by Balli Kaur Jaswal – audiobook
I’m going to be taking my time with Middlemarch and so I’m only like 60 pages into the book so far. It’s been very engaging, even though not much has happened yet. I’m really enjoying all of the characters.
After loving An Enchantment of Ravens, I pretty much knew that Rogerson would be an author that I’m going to love anything she writes. Well, being about 100 pages into Sorcery of Thorns, I can already tell that this will completely the case. This book is so exciting and I’m loving the dynamic between the characters. Also, SO MUCH SARCASM. Yes, Thorn is awesome.
I haven’t listened to much of Dreamland Burning this week, due to the heavy content putting me in a bad head space at the moment. I do plan to finish the story, but I just needed to take a little bit of a break.
Which has lead me to starting Erotic Stories for Punjabi Widows. I’m only a couple of chapters into this book so far, but I’m still enjoying it. This definitely seems like the lighthearted read that I needed and I can’t wait to continue with the story.
What did you recently finish reading?
- Freeks by Amanda Hocking – physical book
This book didn’t quite live up to my expectations. It was definitely the most average story that I’ve read. It wasn’t the worst book that I’ve ever read, I just feel that there was so much more room for Hocking to expand on the supernatural side of the story. I think the world-building was just really lacking.
What do you think you’ll read next?
- Romanov by Nadine Brandes – audiobook
- Catalyst: A Rogue One Novel by James Luceno – physical book
- Winterspell by Claire Legrand – physical book
- The Gallery by Laura Marx-Fitzgerald – physical book
What are you currently reading? What books did you finish this week? What are you planning on reading next? Have you read any of the books on my list? If so, what did you think of them? Leave a link to your WWW Wednesday post in the comments below!