Welcome to WWW Wednesday which is currently being hosted by Sam @ Taking On A World of Words. It’s really just a place to do little update on what all you’ve been reading lately. Anyone is welcome to join, just leave a link to your post in the comments and be sure to give the appropriate credit to Sam!
- The Guncle by Steven Rowley – audiobook
- The Ten Thousand Doors of January by Alix E. Harrow – ebook
- A Gathering of Ravens (Grimnir, #1) by Scott Oden – physical book
I haven’t made much progress into Ravens or The Guncle yet but I hope to really dive into them both this weekend. I’m really liking what I’ve read so far though!
I started January last fall but I just couldn’t make myself get into it. However, I decided to pick it back up again a few days ago and am having a much better experience with it this second time around. It’s almost making me want to try The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue… Almost.
What did you recently finish reading?
- Graceling (Graceling Realm, #1) by Kristin Cashore – ebook
- Harvest of Sighs (Thornchapel, #3) by Sierra Simone – ebook
- Legendborn (Legendborn, #1) by Tracy Deonn – audiobook
I guess I’ll admit to having the controversial opinion that Legendborn was just alright to me. It didn’t amaze me like it has so many others. I have yet to decide if that was the fault of the audio narrator (who I really didn’t enjoy) or my own issues with the main character. However, I am going to continue with the series and will actually read a physical copy next time.
I also felt like Harvest was a little less exciting for me than the previous two books in the series, but still enjoyable. It was definitely a bumpy ride for the friend group and I hope the next book brings them a little more happy times than this one did.
Graceling was a surprise for me. I wasn’t expecting to enjoy it as much as I did, as older fantasy novels are not always that good. But this one was really enjoyable even if the ending felt a little rushed. I’ll definitely be continuing with the rest of the series.
What do you think you’ll read next?
- Covet (Crave, #3) by Tracy Wolff – physical book
- Libertie by Kaitlyn Greenidge – audiobook
- The Serpent’s Curse (The Last Magician, #3) by Lisa Maxwell – physical book
What are you currently reading? What books did you finish this week? What are you planning on reading next? Have you read any of the books on my list? If so, what did you think of them? Leave a link to your WWW Wednesday post in the comments below!