Welcome to WWW Wednesday which is currently being hosted by Sam @ Taking On A World of Words. It’s really just a place to do little update on what all you’ve been reading lately. Anyone is welcome to join, just leave a link to your post in the comments and be sure to give the appropriate credit to Sam!
The Three W’s are:
- What are you currently reading?
- What did you recently finish reading?
- What do you think you’ll read next?
What are you currently reading?
- Kingdom of the Blazing Phoenix (Rise of the Empress, #2) by Julie C. Dao – audibook
- The English Wife by Lauren Willig – physical book
- Jade City (The Green Bone Saga, #1) by Fonda Lee – physical book
I finally decided to just go ahead and finish the Rise of the Empress duology, when I was making a few exchanges on my Audible account. I wasn’t a big fan of the first novel but with this sequel following Jade, I thought I’d give it a chance. It’s interesting so far but I find Jade to be kind of a dud. She’s too timid and lacks much of a personality, but maybe that’ll change as I get further into the story.
I’m not too far into The English Wife yet, but I’m already pulled into the intrigue of the story. I love how the murder mystery is being explored. I’m a sucker for historical fiction and the Gilded Age setting is wonderful. I can’t wait to see how the story plays out.
I haven’t gotten but a few pages into Jade City so I haven’t formed any sort of opinion on it yet. I’m just excited to finally be reading it!
What did you recently finish reading?
- And I Darken (The Conqueror’s Saga, #1) by Kiersten White – physical book, RTC
- Honor Bound (The Honors, #2) by Rachel Caine and Ann Aguirre – physical book, RTC
- Daisy Jones & The Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid – audiobook, REVIEW
- The Beautiful Strangers by Camille Di Maio – audiobook
I got through quite a few books this past week and that’s never a bad thing. I really enjoyed all of these for the most part. I was a little disappointed with The Beautiful Strangers and it only ended up being an average forgettable read for me. The rest were all great, especially Honor Bound and Daisy Jones & The Six.
What do you think you’ll read next?
- Rabbit & Robot by Andrew Smith – physical ARC
- Navigating the Stars (Sentinels of the Galaxy, #1) by Maria V. Snyder – audiobook
- Tithe (Modern Faerie Tales, #1) by Holly Black – physical book
What are you currently reading? What books did you finish this week? What are you planning on reading next? Have you read any of the books on my list? If so, what did you think of them? Leave a link to your WWW Wednesday post in the comments below!