Welcome to WWW Wednesday which is currently being hosted by Sam @ Taking On A World of Words. It’s really just a place to do little update on what all you’ve been reading lately. Anyone is welcome to join, just leave a link to your post in the comments and be sure to give the appropriate credit to Sam!
- House of Sky and Breath (Crescent City, #2) by Sarah J. Maas – physical book
- Firekeeper’s Daughter by Angeline Boulley – audiobook, buddy read
- The Luxe (Luxe, #1) by Anna Godbersen – physical book, buddy read
Still slowly making my way through Sky and Breath. I can’t speed read through this series, as they tend to be very dense with so much going on at once. Definitely the type of book to slowly savor, at least for me. I just started Firekeeper last night and am barely a couple of chapters into it, so not much of an opinion just yet on it. I have also started rereading Luxe. I first read this trilogy back during my freshman year of college and loved it. I don’t remember a whole lot about it, so it’ll be interesting to see how goes this time around!
What did you recently finish reading?
- Our American Friend by Anna Pitoniak – ebook, ARC
- The Age of Witches by Louisa Morgan – audiobook
I really enjoyed Our American Friend! I haven’t read any Cold War-centered fiction before (at least that I can recall), and so this was a unique perspective that I really enjoyed. I loved seeing how life could have been for those living under the Soviet regime. I definitely recommend this one if you’re in the mood for a different kind of historical fiction read.
Sadly, I cannot say I recommend Age of Witches. The story felt unnecessarily long with very slow pacing. The conflict wasn’t interesting, though I did like the characters.
What do you think you’ll read next?
- Jade Legacy (Green Bone Saga, #3) by Fonda Lee – physical book
- Daughters of a Dead Empire by Carolyn Tara O’Neil – ebook, ARC
- Court (Crave, #4) by Tracy Wolff – physical book
What are you currently reading? What books did you finish this week? What are you planning on reading next? Have you read any of the books on my list? If so, what did you think of them? Leave a link to your WWW Wednesday post in the comments below!