Welcome to WWW Wednesday which is currently being hosted by Sam @ Taking On A World of Words. It’s really just a place to do little update on what all you’ve been reading lately. Anyone is welcome to join, just leave a link to your post in the comments and be sure to give the appropriate credit to Sam!
The Three W’s are:
- What are you currently reading?
- What did you recently finish reading?
- What do you think you’ll read next?
- The City of Brass (The Daevabad Trilogy, #1) by S.A. Chakraborty – audiobook, reread
- Aurora Burning (Aurora Cycle, #2) by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff – physical book
My reread of City of Brass is going well. I’m not super keen on the narrator so I definitely prefer the physical book to the audio, though I do appreciate learning how to correctly pronounce all of the character names!
I’m enjoying Aurora Burning so far. It’s a little slower than I was hoping for and seems to lack some of the snappy personality that the first book had. But I’m only halfway through it so far so maybe things will start to really get going soon.
What did you recently finish reading?
- The Oracle Year by Charles Soule – physical book
- Now Entering Addamsville by Francesca Zappia – audiobook
The Oracle Year was a really fun read. I enjoyed all of the different perspectives, as they made it seem much more realistic in how a situation like this would go down. The ending was super crazy and not at all what I was expecting but it was still a fun ride.
I have to say that I did not really enjoy Now Entering Addamsville. It ended up being a lot stranger than what I was expecting and the story didn’t always make a whole lot of sense. I get what Zappia was trying to go for, but the execution was definitely lacking. And the ending just wasn’t any good at all. I’ve heard her other novels are better so I may give one of them a shot at some point.
What do you think you’ll read next?
- The King of Crows (The Diviners, #4) by Libba Bray – physical book
- Vow of Thieves (Dance of Thieves, #2) by Mary E. Pearson – physical book
- A Heart So Fierce and Broken (Cursebreakers, #2) by Brigid Kemmerer – physical book
What are you currently reading? What books did you finish this week? What are you planning on reading next? Have you read any of the books on my list? If so, what did you think of them? Leave a link to your WWW Wednesday post in the comments below!