Welcome to WWW Wednesday which is currently being hosted by Sam @ Taking On A World of Words. It’s really just a place to do little update on what all you’ve been reading lately. Anyone is welcome to join, just leave a link to your post in the comments and be sure to give the appropriate credit to Sam!
The Three W’s are:
- What are you currently reading?
- What did you recently finish reading?
- What do you think you’ll read next?
- Before the Devil Breaks You (The Diviners, #3) by Libba Bray – physical book
- Oona Out of Order by Margarita Montimore – audiobook
I’m really enjoying Before the Devil Breaks You. I love how creepy this series can be and this book is no exception so far. I’m about halfway through this series and hope to get a lot of reading done by the end of the week.
I’m starting Oona Out of Order today and really excited for it. Everyone I know has really enjoyed it and you know I love a good time traveling novel. I mean, I literally just listened to What the Wind Knows, haha!
What did you recently finish reading?
- What the Wind Knows by Amy Harmon – audiobook
- Valiant (Modern Faerie Tale, #2) by Holly Black – physical book
- The Rejected Writers’ Book Club (Southlea Bay, #1) by Suzanne Kelman – audiobook
I enjoyed What the Wind Knows, but it didn’t quite reach a 5 star read for me. I think I was actually less invested in the love story part than I was of the actual political issues going on in Ireland. Ireland is my favorite place and I loved getting to learn a little more about the revolution that was going on during this time. It’s both fascinating and extremely tragic.
I also really loved Valiant. Holly Black just gets my twisted little soul so much. Apparently, this book is most people’s least favorite of the trilogy but I don’t quite agree. This was a very different type of story from Kaye and Roiben’s, but I enjoyed that change of view. It was really dark and the murder mystery was a nice addition to the plot. I just wish we would have gotten more of the faerie scenes, rather than so much of the runaways just laying around.
The Rejected Writers’ Book Club was a cute book but nothing special. I liked the characters more than the actual plot. I think I’ve just realized that chick-lit just isn’t my type of genre. I think probably because of the contemporary setting.
What do you think you’ll read next?
- Tuesday Mooney Talks to Ghosts by Kate Racculia – audiobook
- Starsight (Skyward, #2) by Brandon Sanderson – physical book
- Serpent & Dove (Serpent & Dove, #1) by Shelby Mahurin – physical book
What are you currently reading? What books did you finish this week? What are you planning on reading next? Have you read any of the books on my list? If so, what did you think of them? Leave a link to your WWW Wednesday post in the comments below!