Welcome to WWW Wednesday which is currently being hosted by Sam @ Taking On A World of Words. It’s really just a place to do little update on what all you’ve been reading lately. Anyone is welcome to join, just leave a link to your post in the comments and be sure to give the appropriate credit to Sam!
The Three W’s are:
- What are you currently reading?
- What did you recently finish reading?
- What do you think you’ll read next?
- The Vine Witch (Vine Witch, #1) by Luanne G. Smith – audiobook
- The Thorn Birds by Colleen McCullough – physical book
- Reign of the Fallen (Reign of the Fallen, #1) by Sarah Glenn Marsh – physical book
I haven’t read much of The Thorn Birds this past week but I plan to dive back into it today. I think it’ll be good to help break up the fantasy aspects of The Vine Witch and Reign of the Fallen. I just started listening to The Vine Witch and haven’t gotten too far into the story yet but it’s been very interesting so far. I like the idea that witches are the reason for that France has such great wine. I only started on Reign of the Fallen last night so it is still very early going with that read as well. However, I love that you’re immediately thrown into the action. The first couple of chapters have really piqued my interest and I can’t wait to get further into the story and this world of necromancy
What did you recently finish reading?
- Kingsbane (Empirium, #2) by Claire Legrand – physical book
- The Guinevere Deception (Camelot Rising, #1) by Kiersten White – audiobook
I should have a full review of Kingsbane up by the end of the week so I won’t go into too much detail on that one. But I will say that I enjoyed it and that ending left me reeling. There were a few issues with the book overall that I had but I’ll dive more into those in my review.
As for The Guinevere Deception… Man, I have to say this was my first disappointing read (or listen to if you want to nitpick). It started off slow, then got a little interesting, and then finally got so boring that I just stopped caring. I’ll admit that I zoned out during the last two hours of listening and can’t remember how it ended. Suffice it to say that it was not the book for me, even though I reallyyyyyyy wanted it to be.
What do you think you’ll read next?
- Radiance by Catherynne M. Valente – physical book
- Before the Devil Breaks You (The Diviners, #3) by Libba Bray – physical book
- What the Wind Knows by Amy Harmon – audiobook
What are you currently reading? What books did you finish this week? What are you planning on reading next? Have you read any of the books on my list? If so, what did you think of them? Leave a link to your WWW Wednesday post in the comments below!
3 thoughts on “WWW Wednesday – February 19th, 2020”
I’m sorry you didn’t enjoy the Guinevere Deception like you wanted to! I hope that you enjoy the rest of these💜
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you! I’m looking forward to my other reads! 😊
LikeLiked by 1 person