So something happened in July that I never thought I would experience… I found myself getting tired of reading fantasy books. Now this situation occurred at the absolutely worst time, as I am in the middle of an adult fantasy read-a-thon. Talk about terrible timing, am I right? With that being said, I’ve decided to focus on some other genres such as historical fiction, middle grade, and sci-fi during August to help switch things up a bit and maybe help me get back on the reading track. Let’s see if I can actually finish an entire month without reading any YA or adult fantasy. I think this will be both a bit difficult but also really good for my reading health. Wish me luck!
- Morning Star (Red Rising, #3) by Pierce Brown – audiobook
- The Game of Love and Death by Martha Brockenbrough – physical book
- First We Were IV by Alexandra Sirowy – physical book
- The Oracle Year by Charles Soule – physical book
- Aurora Rising (The Aurora Cycle, #1) by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff – physical book
- The Gallery by Laura Marx-Fitzgerald – physical book
- The Alice Network by Kate Quinn – audiobook
- The Summer Before the War by Helen Simonson – physical book
- Somerset by Leila Meacham – physical book
- The Trials of Morrigan Crow (Nevermoor, #1) by Jessica Townsend – physical book
What do you plan on reading in August? Do you ever find yourself getting tired of certain genres? Have you read any of the books on my TBR?