Welcome to WWW Wednesday which is currently being hosted by Sam @ Taking On A World of Words. It’s really just a place to do little update on what all you’ve been reading lately. Anyone is welcome to join, just leave a link to your post in the comments and be sure to give the appropriate credit to Sam!
The Three W’s are:
- What are you currently reading?
- What did you recently finish reading?
- What do you think you’ll read next?
What are you currently reading?
- Jade City (The Green Bone Saga, #1) by Fonda Lee – physical book
- The Paragon Hotel by Lyndsay Faye – audiobook
I’m sure y’all are tired of seeing Jade City continuing to be on my currently reading, but I promise it won’t be there next week! I’ve finally gotten rid of other physical reads so I can really focus on finishing this book. It’s really good and I’m nervous to see how this will end!
I just started listening to The Paragon Hotel today so I haven’t really formed much of an opinion on it yet. But I’m a sucker for historical fiction so I’m sure that I’ll end up really enjoying it.
What did you recently finish reading?
- Tithe (Modern Faerie Tales, #1) by Holly Black – physical book
- The Loneliest Girl in the Universe by Lauren James – audiobook
- The Mirk and Midnight Hour by Jane Nickerson – physical book
I really enjoyed Tithe. It definitely felt like the dark faerie tales that Black is known for and was really easy to get into. I love how all of her novels are set within the same universe. I definitely plan to continue with this trilogy and I’m excited to see what will happen next. This was the perfect series to pick up while we wait for The Queen of Nothing.
The Loneliest Girl in the Universe didn’t quite work for me as much as it did for almost everyone else who read it. I found the big “plot twist” to be fairly cliche. I had already figured it out halfway through the story. I think I read too much science fiction so this one just didn’t live up to the hype for me. It didn’t help that I found the main character to be too whiny for my taste.
The Mirk and Midnight Hour was surprisingly much better than I expected, due to its mediocre rating on Goodreads. I had never read any retelling or even the original story of Tam Lin, so this was a totally unique story to me. I loved how atmospheric the setting was. It would have been a really good story to read during the Halloween season.
What do you think you’ll read next?
- Lifel1k3 (Lifelike, #1) by Jay Kristoff – physical book
- Middlemarch by George Eliot – physical book
- Grave Mercy (His Fair Assassin, #1) by Robin LaFevers – audiobook
What are you currently reading? What books did you finish this week? What are you planning on reading next? Have you read any of the books on my list? If so, what did you think of them? Leave a link to your WWW Wednesday post in the comments below!
One thought on “WWW Wednesday – May 1st, 2019”