Welcome to WWW Wednesday which is currently being hosted by Sam @ Taking On A World of Words. It’s really just a place to do little update on what all you’ve been reading lately. Anyone is welcome to join, just leave a link to your post in the comments and be sure to give the appropriate credit to Sam!
The Three W’s are:
- What are you currently reading?
- What did you recently finish reading?
- What do you think you’ll read next?
What are you currently reading?
- Immortal Reign (Falling Kingdoms, #6) by Morgan Rhodes – physical book
- Fawkes by Nadine Brandes – audiobook
- And I Darken (The Conqueror’s Saga, #1) by Kiersten White – physical book, buddy read
I’m finally making progress with Immortal Reign after a busy weekend. I should have it finished before Friday if I can keep up this pace. Fingers crossed….
I just started listening to Fawkes yesterday and am loving it so far! I love how Brandes is retelling this historical event and combining it with magic and fantastical elements. I can’t wait to find out how this will all end. Will the gunpowder go off? I guess I’ll find out soon enough!
Currently buddy reading And I Darken with Geronimo Reads and am really enjoying it so far. Lada is such a little badass and I love seeing how her mind is constantly moving. I’m not sure what to expect with how White rewrites history. It’s going to be exciting!
What did you recently finish reading?
- The Night Tiger by Yangsze Choo – audiobook, 5/5 Stars
- Whiskey When We’re Dry by John Larison – audiobook, 3/5 Stars
I really loved The Night Tiger. It was so different from anything else I’d ever read and I loved the mix of Chinese mythology and historical fiction. I wasn’t expecting it to turn into a murder mystery, which only added to the plot tension. I highly recommend this book to everyone!
Whiskey When We’re Dry was an interesting story, if a little slow to really get into the plot. This was my first western book in a way, and I probably shouldn’t have dived back into the genre with literary fiction. It was a little too dry (HA!) and lacked as much action as I was hoping for.
What do you think you’ll read next?
- Jade City (The Green Bone Saga, #1) by Fonda Lee – physical book
- Rabbit & Robot by Andrew Smith – physical ARC
- The English Wife by Lauren Willig – physical book
What are you currently reading? What books did you finish this week? What are you planning on reading next? Have you read any of the books on my list? If so, what did you think of them? Leave a link to your WWW Wednesday post in the comments below!