Welcome to WWW Wednesday which is currently being hosted by Sam @ Taking On A World of Words. It’s really just a place to do little update on what all you’ve been reading lately. Anyone is welcome to join, just leave a link to your post in the comments and be sure to give the appropriate credit to Sam!
The Three W’s are:
- What are you currently reading?
- What did you recently finish reading?
- What do you think you’ll read next?
What are you currently reading?
- Whiskey When We’re Dry by John Larison – audiobook
- The Fever King (Feverwake, #1) by Victoria Lee – eARC
- Sleeping Giants (Themis Files, #1) – physical book, buddy read
I’m going really slow with Whiskey When We’re Dry as it’s a literary fiction and that makes for a much slower read, even as an audiobook. I’m doing a buddy read of Sleeping Giants with my friend, Britt @ Geronimo Reads. We are going slow with it as well, reading 50 pages at a time. It’s really interesting so far and I’m definitely excited to see where this story is going to go next. I’m a little over a quarter way through The Fever King and I’m pretty obsessed so far. I love this dystopian/fantasy futuristic version of the United State. I also like how there’s an air of mystery to the entire plot that just makes it so hard for me to put down this book. Sooo good!
What did you recently finish reading?
- Bloodwitch (The Witchlands, #3) by Susan Dennard – physical book, review scheduled
- Pride by Ibi Zoboi – physical ARC, review to come
Let me go ahead get this off my chest…. Pride just wasn’t very good. I really enjoyed how Zoboi weaved modern themes like class and gentrification into this retelling of Pride and Prejudice, but the characters were not good. Zuri is just a bitchy version of Elizabeth Bennett and her only redeeming quality was her loyalty to her family. She is definitely not someone I’d want to be friends with. I really just wanted to slap her the entire book and really took away any enjoyment I was getting from the story.
Bloodwitch was a great installment in The Witchlands series. The only issue I had was that due to the two years time lapse since the previous book, I remembered almost zero percent of the plot which made it hard for me to really get into the story from the beginning. Luckily, it was full of action and PLENTY of our fave, Aeduan. I’m really hoping the finale comes out next year or I will freaking riot!
What do you think you’ll read next?
- Immortal Reign (Falling Kingdoms, #6) by Morgan Rhodes – physical book
- Rabbit & Robot by Andrew Smith – physical ARC
- Jade City (The Green Bone Saga, #1) by Fonda Lee – physical book
What are you currently reading? What books did you finish this week? What are you planning on reading next? Have you read any of the books on my list? If so, what did you think of them? Leave a link to your WWW Wednesday post in the comments below!