Welcome to WWW Wednesday which is currently being hosted by Sam @ Taking On A World of Words. It’s really just a place to do little update on what all you’ve been reading lately. Anyone is welcome to join, just leave a link to your post in the comments and be sure to give the appropriate credit to Sam!
The Three W’s are:
- What are you currently reading?
- What did you recently finish reading?
- What do you think you’ll read next?
What are you currently reading?
- Reign of Mist (The Oremere Chronicles, #2) by Helen Scheuerer – audiobook
- The Kingdom of Copper (The Daevabad Trilogy, #2) by S.A. Chakraborty – physical book
I’m not very far into Reign of Mist but I’m really enjoying it so far. This series is sooo good and I can’t believe I’ve never heard anyone talking about it. It’s fairly gritty and I’d rather classify it as adult fantasy along the lines of The Queen of Tearling, even though it’s being labeled as YA.
I’m not as far into The Kingdom of Copper as I was hoping I’d be by now, but I’ve just been so tired lately that every time I pick it up, I start dozing off. And no, it’s not because the story is boring either. I really hope I can truly dive into this one tonight. I cannot wait to find out what’s going to happen to all of my sweet babies!
What did you recently finish reading?
- Hear of Mist (The Oremere Chronicles, #1) by Helen Scheuerer – audiobook
- Archenemies (Renegades, #2) by Marissa Meyer – physical book
- Four Dead Queens by Astrid Scholte – physical ARC
I absolutely loved Heart of Mist (which is probably obvious since I’m already moving on to the sequel). I love the epic scope of the plot and really like all of the characters. Four Dead Queens was not my favorite read. It was a really forgettable novel and I was super disappointed that all of the interesting pieces couldn’t come together to save the overall story. And I just knew that I was going to love it, too… Archenemies was a pretty good follow-up to Renegades. I was a little sad that we didn’t get to experience more of the Anarchists though this time around, as they were kind of stuck farther in the background. But I’m super excited to see how it’ll all come to a head in the finale!
What do you think you’ll read next?
- Pride by Ibi Zoboi – physical ARC
- Immortal Reign (Falling Kingdoms, #6) by Morgan Rhodes – physical book
- A Curse So Dark and Lonely (A Curse So Dark and Lonely, #1) by Brigid Kemmerer – physical book
Keeping up finishing up my BookCon 2018 ARCs with Pride. I’m always a sucker for a retelling and I think it’s the perfect time to pick this one up since it’s Black History Month. I still feel shame for having put it off for so long. I also need to finish up the Falling Kingdoms series and see how it all ends. And I can’t tell you how excited I am to finally picking up A Curse So Dark and Lonely after reading a sampler of it at BookCon last year. GIMME, GIMME, GIMME!
What are you currently reading? What books did you finish this week? What are you planning on reading next? Have you read any of the books on my list? If so, what did you think of them? Leave a link to your WWW Wednesday post in the comments below!