I saw that Kristin @ Kristin Kraves Books did this tag a few days ago and I was immediately like, now this’ll be fun! I haven’t done a tag in a while and loved getting to prepare answers for this one. I officially tag whoever else wants to do it! Let’s spread the tag love, y’all! 😉
THREE READ ONCE AND LOVED AUTHORS…
- Claire Legrand – Furyborn was my first introduction to Legrand’s writing but I was immediately hooked. That book just hit all of the buttons for what I consider makes an amazing fantasy story. I can’t believe I have’t read any of her other books before but I definitely plan to pick them up in the future. Ohhhhh, yes!
- Jennifer Donnelly – I think y’all already know how much I enjoy a good historical fiction novel and Donnelly delivered with These Shallow Graves. It was the perfect mix history, mystery, and a dash of romance. I needsssss more books like this one!
- S.A. Chakraborty – Bow down to this queen! Her debut novel The City of Brass is my favorite of 2018 so far and I literally think about it at least a week. The wait for the sequel is breaking my heart.. January just seems sooooo far away and it’s not okay! Also, if she wants to toss out a new book every single year for the rest of her life, that’d be super cool with me.
THREE TITLES I’VE WATCHED BUT HAVEN’T READ…
Yes, I have seen all three of the adaptations of these novels but haven’t read the books yet. And if you’re thinking, Larkin you should be ashamed of youself.. Don’t worry because I’m way ahead of you on that front. I obviously plan on picking up Crazy Rich Asians and To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before soon. Those adaptations got me hooked! As for The Alienist, I think I’ll just stick with the miniseries.
THREE CHARACTERS YOU LOVE…
- Victra from Red Rising Series by Pierce Brown – Victra is my main bitch. She’s snarky, independent, a bit crazy, and just cool as hell. I love that she’s not afraid to do what needs to be done, even though it might be a bit drastic at times. I will continue to root for her until the end of time. You go, girl!
- Nina from Six of Crows Duology by Leigh Bardugo – Nina is like my twin. We both love to tease people, we can never get enough of sweets, and we’ve got some curves. I also just love how kind she is. Basically, we would be best friends in real life. YOU DESERVE TO LOVE AGAIN, NINA!!!
- Hermione Granger from Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling – Because, obviously… Side note – I retyped her name 10 times because it didn’t look right. I might’ve had to Google it to make sure I wasn’t going insane.
THREE SERIES YOU BINGED…
- The Queen of the Tearling Trilogy by Erika Johansen – This is one of my favorite fantasy series ever. It’s very complex with so many different layers to the story, and only gets deeper and deeper with each book. It’s also nice to have an adult fantasy that revolves around a female MC, especially one as awesome as Kelsea… Also, if you’re not convinced enough to read this one, just know that Emma Watson is trying to get this adapted for the big screen and will be producing it. You know, just FYI. 😉
- The Bone Season Series by Samantha Shannon – This one probably shouldn’t count since only 3 of the planned 7 books have been released, but I binged all 3 in two days last summer so I’m counting it. This series is just freaking amazing and I hate how long it takes between each release, but I will follow it through to the end. Shannon just gets me and will forever be an auto-buy author for me. I can’t recommend this series enough. Bonus points for this one currently being optioned for television!
- The Grisha Trilogy by Leigh Bardugo – While this one didn’t end the way I was hoping for, I still really enjoyed the ride. The Darkling will forever be my one of my favorite villains in literature. Honestly, he deserved so much more! Also, Mal is the absolute worstttttttttttttt and I will stick by that until the end of time. Ugh, I just hate him. #stillsalty
THREE UNPOPULAR BOOKISH OPINIONS…
- Mal Sucks – Please see above.
- Keira Cass = Crap – Sorry, but I just cannot with her books. When I first read The Selection, I didn’t think it sucked too much but it definitely wasn’t this amazing series that everyone said it was. But now when I think about it, I have no idea how I even finished that series. You think there is really this huge revolution/rebellion conflict going on but it ends up being nothing but a sidenote to this stupid love triangle. And the writing overall is really less than mediocre. It’s gonna be a no from me, Dog.
- No More Ebook ARCs – I have completely stopped using sites like NetGalley and Edelweiss, because I just do not enjoy reading eBooks. And honestly, I’m over requesting ARCs in general, I think. I don’t like being pressured to read a book in a certain amount of time, as I’m completely a mood reader which makes deadlines really hard for me. More power to those of you who can do it with no problem, I wish I had that kind of willpower!!
THREE CURRENT FAVORITE BOOK COVERS…
- Warrior of the Wild by Tricia Levenseller
- The Kingdom of Copper (The Daevabad Trilogy, #2) by S.A. Chakraborty
- The Priory of the Orange Tree by Samantha Shannon
Let’s give a shout out for 2019 releases because they are just killing it with these covers, ya’ll!
THREE BOOKISH GOALS FOR THE YEAR…
- Read at least one Book of the Month book from my TBR each month.
- Continue to read more diverse books.
- Complete as many series as possible.
What are three of your bookish goals for the year? What movie adaptations have you seen but haven’t read the book? What are some of your unpopular bookish opinions?