Welcome to WWW Wednesday which is currently being hosted by Sam @ Taking On A World of Words. It’s really just a place to do little update on what all you’ve been reading lately. Anyone is welcome to join, just leave a link to your post in the comments and be sure to give the appropriate credit to Sam!
The Three W’s are:
- What are you currently reading?
- What did you recently finish reading?
- What do you think you’ll read next?
What are you currently reading?
- Orphan Monster Spy by Matt Killeen – audiobook
- Lion Heart (Scarlet, #3) by A.C. Gaughen – audiobook
- Frozen Tides (Falling Kingdoms, #4) by Morgan Rhodes – physical book
If you’re wondering if I’ve listened any more to Lion Heart since last week, you’ll be disappointed because I definitely haven’t. I only have about two hours left on it and so I hope to finish it soon. I’m just tired of all mushy love crap, okay?!
I barely started on Orphan Monster Spy yesterday while I was at the gym, so I don’t have much of an opinion yet. The only thing I’ve noticed is the writing style and I can’t decide whether or not I like it. However, I’m still only on the first chapter and so there’s plenty of time for it to change.
I’m about 50 pages into Frozen Tides and of course I’m enjoying it so far. I had forgotten a bit about what happened in the previous book but it’s slowly coming back to me. I will say that Magnus is back to being a butthead and I ain’t happy about it.
What did you recently finish reading?
- The Afterlife of Holly Chase by Cynthia Hand – audiobook, 3/5 stars
- Titans by Leila Meacham – physical book, 4/5 stars
Let me just say that I was disappointed by The Afterlife of Holly Chase. I found it to be fairly repetitive and the middle portion was extremely slow paced. There also wasn’t a whole lot of details on Operation Scrooge which is what I was most interested in. I did however enjoy the ending which bumped my overall rating up to 3 stars. I think this book could’ve used some more editing and maybe cut about 50 pages from it.
Titans was pretty good, though I definitely don’t think it measures up to Roses. I loved the characters and really enjoyed diving into the different families lives. However, I think Nathan was pushed to wayside as the book moved along and I really would’ve enjoyed getting to learn more about him.
What do you think you’ll read next?
- Renegades (Renegades, #1) by Marissa Meyer – physical book
- A Court of Frost and Starlight (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #3.1) by Sarah J. Maas – physical book
- Sightwitch (The Witchlands, #0.5) by Susan Dennard – physical book
After tackling the behemoth that is Renegades, I figured it’s probably a good time to focus on some of my novellas. I’ve heard good things about all three books and so I can’t wait to dive into them.
What are you currently reading? What books did you finish this week? What are you planning on reading next? Have you read any of the books on my list? If so, what did you think of them? Leave a link to your WWW Wednesday post in the comments below!