As readers, we tend to go through lots of different emotional/mental stages. It’s pretty much expected that our books will take us down many winding paths. (It comes with the territory.) With that being said, here are a few thoughts and moments that almost every booknerd will have at least once, or if you’re like me, constantly.
1. The I’m-So-Excited-To-Start-This-Book Feeling
You know you’ve probably done this dance at least once when starting a book that you’ve been really excited about.
2. The Why-Would-The-Author-Do-This-To-Me Cry
Yeah, I think this was me while reading Crooked Kingdom… Like, really, Bardugo? Why you gotta do me like that?!
3. The It’s-Now-4AM-And-I-Have-To-Be-Awake-In-Two-Hours Binge Read Realization
The nights are fun but the next day is most certainly not.
4. The I-Have-Six-Different-Subscription-Boxes-Coming-This-Month Guilt Trip
But does it matter as long as I really, really, really, really “needed” all of them?!
5. The I-Was-Sooooo-Excited-For-This-Book-But-Oh-My-God-I-Really-Don’t-Like-It Frustration Rant
Well, wasn’t that just a waste of my time. WHYYYYYYYYYY??!!!
6. The I-Really-Should-Buy-More-Books-Even-Though-I-Have-So-Many-Unread-On-My-Shelves-Already Moment
I’m pretty sure this is why I’m always broke.
7. The Well-I-Now-Have-A-Crush-On-A-Fictional-Character-So-There’s-That Moment of Acceptance
“Yes, Grandma! I actually am involved with someone right now and no, you don’t know his family.”
8. The Favorite-Author-Is-Going-To-Make-An-Announcement-Today Anxious Waiting
If you’re not announcing the release date for the next book in the series then I don’t even want to hear it. IT’S BEEN 2 YEARS, DAMMIT!
9. The I-Can’t-Believe-I-Have-To-Wait-Another-Year-To-Find-Out-What-Happens-Next Annoyance
Oh, goody. Another cliffhanger that won’t be answered any time soon… Thanks for that, jerk!
10. The Books-Are-Just-Really-The-Greatest-Thing-Ever Moment of Happiness
More like a constant state of bliss, amirite?
Have you experienced all of the thoughts or emotions as a reader? What other moments have you had?