Welcome to WWW Wednesday which is currently being hosted by Sam @ Taking On A World of Words. It’s really just a place to do little update on what all you’ve been reading lately. Anyone is welcome to join, just leave a link to your post in the comments and be sure to give the appropriate credit to Sam!
The Three W’s are:
- What are you currently reading?
- What did you recently finish reading?
- What do you think you’ll read next?
What are you currently reading?
- The Female of the Species by Mindy McGinnis – audiobook
I’m a little over halfway through this audiobook with about 3 hours left and so far, I’m just a little underwhelmed. It started off really good but now it’s starting to drag and we aren’t getting as much of Alex’s POV as I would like. I’m going to need this to start picking back up soon because it’s totally losing me right now.
- These Shallow Graves by Jennifer Donnelly – physical book, buddy read
I just started this one last night with Britt and am loving it so far. I really like the writing style and different characters. The plot is extremely interesting and I love how it’s tackling feminism in the Victorian era. I am such a sucker for good historical fiction.
- The City of Brass (The Daevabad Trilogy, #1) by S.A. Chakraborty – physical book
Guys, I’m halfway through this one and am OBSESSED. There’s so many different moving parts that I’m constantly kept on my toes waiting to see what will happen next. The hype is so, so, so real with this one.
- The School for Good and Evil (The School for Good and Evil, #1) by Soman Chainani – physical book
This was the original book that Britt and I were buddy reading, but as we were really struggling with it, we decided to switch over to These Shallow Graves. However, I’m going to power through this one til the end. Middle grades are pretty easy reads so hopefully this one starts to take off and makes me want to actually pick it up and finish.
What did you recently finish reading?
- Beasts of Extraordinary Circumstance by Ruth Emmie Lang – physical book, 5 stars
- Ash and Quill (The Great Library, #3) by Rachel Caine – physical book, 5 stars, REVIEW
These are both just amazing books/series that I recommend everyone go and pick up. Seriously, one is just full of warm fuzzies and the other is an underrated epic adventure series full of action and book lovers. Just read them both – you won’t be disappointed!
What do you think you’ll read next?
- Wandering Star (Zodiac, #2) by Romina Russell
- Into the Bright Unknown (Gold Seer Trilogy, #3) by Rae Carson
These are the next two books on my TBR. One of my goals this year is to finish or catch up on series that I’ve already started and so I really want to stick to that. I’m so excited and a little sad to finish up the Gold Seer Trilogy as it’s been one of my favorite trilogies. I’m also really interested in seeing what happens next in Wandering Star, as the first book ended on a really crazy twist!
What are you currently reading? Did you finish any good books this past week? What do you plan on reading next? Have you read any of the books on my list? If so, what did you think of them? Leave a link to your WWW Wednesday post in the comments below!