This meme and Goodreads group were created by myself, Jill @ Rant and Rave Books, and Britt @ Geronimo Reads. To join our group and find out more information about what it’s all about, please go to our Goodreads page HERE.
The January BOTM is The Cruel Prince (The Folk of the Air, #1) by Holly Black.
- Answer the weekly discussion topic.
- Optional: Discuss your chosen hyped book of the week.
- Optional: Talk about your progress on the BOTM.
TOPIC OF THE WEEK: I’ll be doing this week’s and last week’s prompts since I was gone on vacation!
January 5th – New Year’s Resolution… What are some of your reading/blogging/life/etc. goals for this year?
January 12th – You Complete Me… Who are some blogging/reading friends that have had an impact on you, inspire you, or you just really appreciate their friendship?
New Year’s Resolution
- Complete/catch up on series that I’ve already started – I did a little bit better about this in 2017, but I really want to focus on it this year. I’m in the middle of quite a few series that I really need to complete. Luckily, my TBR for this month includes a few of those already so I think I’m starting off pretty good so far!
- Tackle the larger books on my TBR – This past year I was really bad about putting off some of my larger books in order to meet my Goodreads reading challenge (which I didn’t, BTW) and I hated that. I used to never let myself be intimidated by larger books, no matter how long it would take me to finish them. Well this year, I’ve lowered my Goodreads goal to a more manageable number and I plan to pick up some of those bad boys! **flexes ridiculously awesome biceps**
- Read what I want to – Since I’ve started this blog, I’ve kind of put aside some of my adult or literary fiction in favor of YA or whatever books are more popular. What the hell is wrong with me?! I love to read any and everything, always have. I ended the year reading more of my literary fiction and in 2018 I’ll be going to back to doing just that.
- Read more books that I already own – I really need to focus on cleaning up some of the older books that I have on my physical TBR. I know there’s quite a few that have been sitting on my shelf since I first started blogging two years ago. Time to finally pick those babies up!
- Write more discussion posts – Seriously, everyone seems to enjoy them and they’re always fun to write. I have a few ideas already brewing in my head, so expect some soon!
- Plan ahead!!! – I’m a terrible procrastinator and so my goal this year is to have more posts scheduled ahead of time. Life is just so much easier when you plan ahead!
- Blog hop more – Please leave links to some of your favorite bloggers, posts, booktubers, etc. I want to find some new favorite bloggers!
- Stay positive – I can get fairly moody sometimes when I find myself in a rut at work. My goal this year is to not let myself get that way and stay positive. Smile, y’all!
- Say yes – I’ve become such a shut in the past couple of years while I live at home and work. The majority of my friends are all married off and living in different places and so I’m basically stuck here with nothing to do. When I do get invited to do stuff, I’ve been no to blow it off because I’ve become such a homebody since I’m tired of working 8-5 through the week. NO MORE!!!
- Pay off my credit cards – Yep.. I really need to do that.
You Complete Me
I have met so many incredible people through blogging these past couple of years that there are just too many to list every single one of them. I’ll just name a few that I consider good friends, have influenced me, or inspired me. However, every single one of you are amazing, wonderful and beautiful. I love you all!
- Britt @ Geronimo Reads – Seriously, this girl is my bestie. If you follow either of us on Twitter, you’ll see some really interesting back and forths between us. Just know that that’s only the shallowest part of our relationship, hahahaha. But really, I don’t know what I’d do without this girl. She’s funny, supportive, and is basically the yin to my yang. I hate her so much…. hahahaha! 😉
- Lilly @ Lair of Books – I’ve really gotten to know Lilly this past year and there’s seriously no one is sweeter than she is. She has one of my favorite blogs that y’all seriously need to check out if you haven’t. I love how we have practically the same taste in books. I always look forward to our conversations discussing what books we are choosing for Book of the Month Club. She’s also usually the one causing me to always throw my money at new books because I swear I have to buy every book that she reviews, haha.
- Regan @ PeruseProject – I don’t know Regan personally, but I absolutely love her booktube channel. We have the same taste in books and I know that anything she recommends, I’ll end up loving. I also really enjoy how she doesn’t just read YA or whatever’s popular, but tends to pick up other genres like literary fiction and middle grade as well. She’s really good about digging up lesser known gems that I have to immediately add to my TBR. I also appreciate that her channel doesn’t rely on gimmicks or silliness, but is just straight book talk without the childish nonsense that you get from some other ones.
- Sam @ Thoughts on Tomes – Another booktuber that I always enjoy watching. I love that Sam focuses mostly on science fiction and fantasy, especially adult. I’m always on the lookout for some really good adult fantasy and science fiction and she definitely doesn’t disappoint with great recommendations. I also love how doesn’t mince her words – when she hates something, she hates it. Haha!
What are some of your New Year’s resolutions? Who are some bloggers/booktubers/etc. that you really appreciate or are inspired by? Leave a link to your Hype or Like Friday post in the comments below!
5 thoughts on “Hype or Like Friday – You Complete Me”
eeeeeeeK! this made my day Larkin! thank you & I’ve had so much fun getting to know you better as well! ❤ ❤ ❤ You listen to me go back & forth with my BOTM picks every mth cause I'm just soooooo indecisive haha! you went out of town for this last BOTM selection & I had to sit there & talk to myself about the book picks LMAO!!! &&&& as for the book buying…haha! I'm glad I could help 😉
LikeLiked by 1 person
Awww, you’re so welcome! I love our conversations and you always gives the best recommendations! I wish I had been around to discuss this month’s selections but just a few more weeks until February! 😁
I almost forgot! our goals are also aligned haha! I’ trying to read more of my own books & for fun this year. Still have a stacks of arcs to make my way through but I’m determined to throw in some of my own books lol. I hope you have a wonderful reading year & accomplish all of your goals <3! 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
Hahaha that’s awesome! Yeah, I reallyyyy want to focus on reading books that I’ve had on my shelves for a while. There’s just so many that I’ve accumulated the past couple of years, that I feel so guilty every time I buy more! 😂 But I’ve already laid out some plans for this year and I think I’ll be able to stick to it! Thank you so much and I hope you accomplish your goals as well! ❤️