Welcome to WWW Wednesday which is currently being hosted by Sam @ Taking On A World of Words. It’s really just a place to do little update on what all you’ve been reading lately. Anyone is welcome to join, just leave a link to your post in the comments and be sure to give the appropriate credit to Sam!
The Three W’s are:
- What are you currently reading?
- What did you recently finish reading?
- What do you think you’ll read next?
What are you currently reading?
- Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles, #2) by Marissa Meyer – physical book
- Behemoth (Leviathan Trilogy, #2) by Scott Westerfeld – audiobook
- Love & Gelato by Jenna Evans Welch – physical book, buddy read with Geronimo Reads
I’m really enjoying Scarlet so far. I’ve heard mixed things on this second book, but I’m not having any issues with it. I now understand everyone’s obsession with Thorne! That dude is cracking me up.
I’m still steadily listening my way through Behemoth as well. Things are getting pretty intense now and so much is happening! It’ll be very interesting to see where the final books takes our characters next. Hopefully, I’ll be finishing this book today and starting on Goliath next.
I’m very picky with what contemporaries I read, as it’s a genre that I tend to read very much of. However, Love & Gelato has been pretty cute so far. I’m obsessing over the fact that it’s set in Italy and I’m really enjoying the plot. Lina isn’t my favorite but it’s still early enough in the story for her to redeem herself… Hopefully.
What did you recently finish reading?
- Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1) by Marissa Meyer – 4/5 stars, Review
- A Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles – 5/5 stars, review scheduled for tomorrow
- An Enchantment of Ravens by Margaret Rogerson – 5/5 stars, Review
I had a fabulous week of reading. All of the books that I finished were wonderful and fun. However, A Gentleman in Moscow and An Enchantment of Ravens were just superb. I think they have both solidified themselves as 2017 favorites! I can’t wait to see what Rogerson has planned for her next book (this was her debut!) and I already have plans to pick up Towles’ other beloved novel, Rules of Civility, which is set in 1930’s New York City.
What do you think you’ll read next?
- Forest of a Thousand Lanterns (Rise of the Empress, #1) by Julie C. Dao
- City of Saints & Thieves by Natalie C. Anderson – Hype or Like Friday November BOTM
I cannot wait to dive into these diverse reads next! It’s become obvious to me lately that I haven’t read as many diverse books as I thought I had. Luckily I’ve got some amazing diverse books on my shelves that I definitely want to get to sooner rather than later. Time to make a conscience change in my reading habits!
I’ve heard amazing things about Forest of a Thousand Lanterns, which gets me really excited. I love dark retellings and with this one being Asian inspired makes it that much more interesting. I haven’t heard a whole lot about City of Saints & Thieves since it first came out but with such a unique plot and setting, I’ve got high hopes for it.
What are you currently reading? Have you finished any good books this week? What diverse books do you recommend to add to my TBR? Have you read any of the books on my list? Leave a link to your WWW Wednesday post in the comments below!