Welcome to WWW Wednesday which is currently being hosted by Sam @ Taking On A World of Words. It’s really just a place to do little update on what all you’ve been reading lately. Anyone is welcome to join, just leave a link to your post in the comments and be sure to give the appropriate credit to Sam!
The Three W’s are:
- What are you currently reading?
- What did you recently finish reading?
- What do you think you’ll read next?
What are you currently reading?
- One of Us is Lying by Karen M. McManus – physical book
- Stars Over Clear Lake by Loretta Ellsworth – audiobook
I have to say that I’m really enjoyed One of Us is Lying so far. I’m almost getting a murder mystery version of The Breakfast Club from it, and I love that movie. I’ve heard good things about this one so I hope I continue to enjoy it!
I’m not very far into Stars Over Clear Lake but I like it so far. I always enjoy a good historical fiction story, especially one set during WWII. I’m expecting that my heart will be broken by the end of it.
What did you recently finish reading?
- A Face Like Glass by Frances Hardinge – audiobook, 2/5 stars
- Daughter of the Burning City by Amanda Foody – 5/5 stars, Review
- The Strange Case of the Alchemist’s Daughter by Theodora Goss – 5/5 stars, Hype or Like Friday BOTM
I had a really good reading week, finally finishing A Face Like Glass, after what feels like forever. Seriously, I was afraid this damn story would never end. SOOOOOO LONG. But other than that, I sped through my two physical books and loved them both. I’m really looking forward to the next books from both authors. I think I was most surprised at how funny and engaging Alchemist’s Daughter was. The writing style was just lovely.
What do you think you’ll read next?
- The Child Thief by Brom
- The Dark Days Club (Lady Helen, #1) by Alison Goodman
I plan to continue on with my Halloween Read-a-thon TBR with my next books. Once I get through these, I’ll only be one book away from completing my October TBR. I hope that these two books are engaging enough for me to finish them up fairly quickly so I can fit that last book in before the end of the month!
What are you currently reading? Did you finish any good books this week? What other books do you have on your TBR? Have you read any of the ones on my list? If so, what did you think of them?