Welcome to WWW Wednesday which is currently being hosted by Sam @ Taking On A World of Words. It’s really just a place to do little update on what all you’ve been reading lately. Anyone is welcome to join, just leave a link to your post in the comments and be sure to give the appropriate credit to Sam!
The Three W’s are:
- What are you currently reading?
- What did you recently finish reading?
- What do you think you’ll read next?
What are you currently reading?
Strange the Dreamer (Strange the Dreamer, #1) by Laini Taylor
Yes, I know… I had hoped to finish this book this past weekend but I just had a whole lot of stuff going on which cut into my reading time. However, I’ve got my fingers crossed to finish it by this weekend! Don’t worry though, it’s really good so that isn’t the issue!
Strange the Dreamer is the story of:
the aftermath of a war between gods and men
a mysterious city stripped of its name
a mythic hero with blood on his hands
a young librarian with a singular dream
a girl every bit as perilous as she is imperiled
alchemy and blood candy, nightmares and godspawn, moths and monsters, friendship and treachery, love and carnage.
Welcome to Weep.
What did you recently finish reading?
I haven’t finished anything since last week, unfortunately. This should change for next week, thanks to a long weekend! Whoop, whoop!
What do you think you’ll read next?
- Heartsone by Elle Katharine White – This is retelling of Pride and Prejudice but with DRAGONS. Yes, you read that right. Yes, I’m pretty damn excited about it.
- Aftermath: Life Debt (Star Wars: Aftermath, #2) by Chuck Wendig – The second book in Wendig’s trilogy following the defeat of The Empire at the Battle of Endor. I know this series gets a lot of hate due to Wendig’s writing style, but I found the first one enjoyable. It was fun getting follow completely new and different characters.
What books are you currently reading? Have you finished any good ones this week? What’s next on your TBR? Have you read any of the books on my list? If so, what did you think of them?