So y’all know how I had really awesome reading months in January and February? Well, needless to say that that put me in a bit of a reading slump this spring. I mean, it was really bad. Instead of reading books, I was playing The Witcher 3 and binge-watching tv shows (Peaky Blinders, anyone?!) like nobody’s business. Luckily, I think I’m finally coming out of my slump so cheers to tons of reading this summer and playing catch up!
Due to my less-than-stellar reading and blogging habits, I’ve combined my wrap-ups for March and April. You’re welcome! 😉
- Starflight (Starflight, #1) by Melissa Landers – Underrated Book Club March BOTM, 4/5 stars
- Furthermore by Tahereh Mafi – 3/5 stars
- A Conjuring of Light (Shades of Magic, #3) by V.E. Schwab – 5/5 stars, REVIEW
That’s right, I only read 3 books in 2 months. I’m not proud of myself at all – more like ashamed…
I also read about 60 pages of Lillian Boxfish Takes a Walk since it was the pick for my book club but I’m pretty close to DNFing it. It’s just not for me and I even enjoy literary fiction, I swear! I really think that Lillian just believes herself to be so much better than everyone else and it makes me want to punch her in the face.
Total Books Read: 3
Overall in 2017: 19
Reading Challenge Updates
- A Book by an Author Who Uses a Pseudonym – A Conjuring of Light (Shades of Magic, #3)
- A Book of Letters – We Are Still Tornadoes
- A Book by a Person of Color – A Torch Against the Night (An Ember in the Ashes, #2)
- A Bestseller from a Genre You Don’t Normally Read – Big Little Lies
- A Book Published in 2017 – Caraval (Caraval, #1)
- The First Book in a Series You Haven’t Read Before – Truthwitch (The Witchlands, #1)
- A book by or about a person who has a disability – The Architect of Song
- A book that’s been on your TBR list for way too long – Red Queen (Red Queen, #1)
Beat The Backlist
- Starflight (Starflight, #1)
Goodreads Reading Challenge
- Total: 19/100
- Previous Total: 16/100
As I’m sure you can guess, these were not my best months. However, I can only hope that I don’t go into another slump for the rest of the year or I will never complete any of my reading challenges. Fingers crossed!
How was your spring reading? Did you read a lot of books during March and April? What were you favorite and least favorite reads? Have you read any of the books that I read?