Welcome to WWW Wednesday which is currently being hosted by Sam @ Taking On A World of Words. It’s really just a place to do little update on what all you’ve been reading lately. Anyone is welcome to join, just leave a link to your post in the comments and be sure to give the appropriate credit to Sam!
The Three W’s are:
- What are you currently reading?
- What did you recently finish reading?
- What do you think you’ll read next?
What are you currently reading?
So the first book for me was enjoyable but I didn’t find it as amazing as everyone claimed it to be. I think the hype might’ve gotten to me a bit. However, this book is soooooo good. It’s been action from the very first page and I’m having to force myself to put it down and go to sleep. OBSESSED.
Elias and Laia are running for their lives. After the events of the Fourth Trial, Martial soldiers hunt the two fugitives as they flee the city of Serra and undertake a perilous journey through the heart of the Empire.
Laia is determined to break into Kauf—the Empire’s most secure and dangerous prison—to save her brother, who is the key to the Scholars’ survival. And Elias is determined to help Laia succeed, even if it means giving up his last chance at freedom.
But dark forces, human and otherworldly, work against Laia and Elias. The pair must fight every step of the way to outsmart their enemies: the bloodthirsty Emperor Marcus, the merciless Commandant, the sadistic Warden of Kauf, and, most heartbreaking of all, Helene—Elias’s former friend and the Empire’s newest Blood Shrike.
Bound to Marcus’s will, Helene faces a torturous mission of her own—one that might destroy her: find the traitor Elias Veturius and the Scholar slave who helped him escape…and kill them both.
What did you recently finish reading?
- Truthwitch (The Witchlands, #1) by Susan Dennard – I am so, so, soooo glad that we chose this book for the Hype or Like Friday BOTM as I loved it! Yeah, I was a little confused in the beginning and would have liked a little bit more background information on the world, but I didn’t have time to focus on that as I was so engrossed in all of the action and storyline.
- Windwitch (The Witchlands, #2) by Susan Dennard – Welp, this one wasn’t the greatest of sequels but I like how it ended. I think that the third book will be a return to form. Also, how gorgeous are the covers of this series?!
- RoseBlood by A.G. Howard – I almost didn’t include this one as I ended up DNFing after about 150 pages. I didn’t like the characters, I didn’t know what the heck was going on, and I was just plain bored. Not a good combination.
What do you think you’ll read next?
I do know that I will be starting Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge next, but I will also be doing the Try A Chapter Tag. In this tag, you read the first chapter of 5 different books on your TBR and then read the book with the first chapter that you enjoyed the most. It sounds like a fun way to help my indecisiveness!
Graceling meets Beauty and the Beast in this sweeping fantasy about one girl’s journey to fulfill her destiny and the monster who gets in her way-by stealing her heart.
Based on the classic fairy tale Beauty and the Beast, Cruel Beauty is a dazzling love story about our deepest desires and their power to change our destiny.
Since birth, Nyx has been betrothed to the evil ruler of her kingdom-all because of a foolish bargain struck by her father. And since birth, she has been in training to kill him.
With no choice but to fulfill her duty, Nyx resents her family for never trying to save her and hates herself for wanting to escape her fate. Still, on her seventeenth birthday, Nyx abandons everything she’s ever known to marry the all-powerful, immortal Ignifex. Her plan? Seduce him, destroy his enchanted castle, and break the nine-hundred-year-old curse he put on her people.
But Ignifex is not at all what Nyx expected. The strangely charming lord beguiles her, and his castle—a shifting maze of magical rooms—enthralls her.
As Nyx searches for a way to free her homeland by uncovering Ignifex’s secrets, she finds herself unwillingly drawn to him. Even if she could bring herself to love her sworn enemy, how can she refuse her duty to kill him? With time running out, Nyx must decide what is more important: the future of her kingdom, or the man she was never supposed to love.
What are you currently reading? Which books are up next on your TBR? Have you finished any good books this week? Have you read any of the books on my list? Leave a link to your WWW Wednesday post in the comments below!