Just another Hype or Like Friday! This meme and Goodreads group were created by myself, Jill @ Rant and Rave Books, and Britt @ Geronimo Reads. To join our group and find out more information about what it’s all about, please go to our Goodreads page HERE.
The February BOTM is Truthwitch (The Witchlands, #1) by Susan Dennard.
- Answer the weekly discussion topic.
- Optional: Discuss your chosen hyped book of the week.
- Optional: Talk about your progress on the BOTM.
TOPIC OF THE WEEK: Favorite OTPs – Which fictional couples will you go down shipping for life?!
1. Darrow and Mustang – Red Rising Trilogy by Pierce Brown
courtesy of PhantomRin
These two lovers are my fave. I loved the slow burn romance as they got to know one another, and how they managed to move apart and yet still come back together. They had so many differences but you just can’t stop destiny!
2. Feyre and Rhysand – Court of Thorns and Roses Series by Sarah J. Maas
courtesy of Charlie Bowater
I think everyone is basically in love with this power couple. I don’t know anyone could not like them. Rhys has empowered Feyre and helped turn her into a strong and independent woman. Basically, I’m just in love with Rhysand. Fine, I admit it…
3. Elizabeth and Darcy – Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
courtesy of viria13
Come on, y’all – this is the original OTP!
4. Simon and Baz – Carry On by Rainbow Rowell
courtesy of mitsouparker@tumblr
These two just crack me up. I love their bickering and snarky comments towards each other. The sass is strong in this relationship!
5. Swan and Hook – Once Upon a Time tv show
courtesy of pinterest
I know these two aren’t from any novel but I just couldn’t not put them on this list. I haven’t watched the show since the Frozen season but I plan on catching up at some point, really just to watch more of these two.
6. Lysandra and Aedion – Throne of Glass Series by Sarah J. Maas
courtesy of ilreleonewikia13
I don’t think this couple gets enough love from the Throne of Glass fandom. They tend to get pushed to the wayside in favor of Aelin/Rowan and other couples. But I have a real soft spot for Aedion and I just love his interactions with Lysandra.
7. Juliette and Warner – Shatter Me Trilogy by Tahereh Mafi
courtesy of skyltik
I’m like the biggest fan of the hate-to-love trope and these two are just the perfect example of it. I miss them so much… I’m sensing a reread in my future!
8. Kell and Lila – Shades of Magic Trilogy by V.E. Schwab
courtesy of tumblr
Oh, these two. You could just feel the sexual tension from day 1, even though they tried to act all nonchalant the whole time. Lila’s all like, I’m just going to be free and have fun. Kell is all, I’m so serious and focused… Ha! Y’all never fooled me!
9. Jamie and Claire – Outlander Series by Diana Gabaldon
Seriously, these two are goals AF.
10. Aelin and Rowan – Throne of Glass Series by Sarah J. Maas
courtesy of tumblr
I think at this point we can all just agree that Maas can write the shit out of some epic couples. She is queen at giving us some amazing relationships to root for, and Aelin and Rowan are a prime example of that.
So what are some of your favorite OTPs? Do you like my choices? Who else would you add? Leave a link to your Hype or Like Friday post in the comments below!