Just another Hype or Like Friday! This meme and Goodreads group were created by myself, Jill @ Rant and Rave Books, and Britt @ Geronimo Reads. To join our group and find out more information about what it’s all about, please go to our Goodreads page HERE.
The January BOTM is The Serpent King by Jeff Zentner.
- Answer the weekly discussion topic.
- Optional: Discuss your chosen hyped book of the week.
- Optional: Talk about your progress on the BOTM.
TOPIC OF THE WEEK: New Year’s Resolutions – What goals and resolutions have you set for this upcoming year in regards to reading or blogging? Maybe you’ve decided to try and double your reading goal from last year, maybe you plan to expand your reading horizons into non-fiction, or have planned to write more discussion blog posts?
Last year I didn’t really set any real expectations or goals on myself. However, this year I decided to step up my game a bit and really focus on reaching some different goals that I’ve set in place for myself. And reading-wise…well, there’s a few of them.
- Read More Non-Fiction – I think this one is fairly self-explanatory. I also see this as being a very strong possibility as I’ve already purchased Carrie Fisher’s memoir, The Princess Diarist. I actually plan to read it next month!
- Complete My 2017 Reading Challenges – I am currently doing 3 different reading challenges this year – POPSUGAR, Beat the Backlist, and Goodreads. Last year did not go so well but this year, I reallyyyy plan to try and complete them all (or at least 2/3!). You can read about the different challenges in my original post HERE.
- Finally Finish Middlemarch – Now this one may seem a little strange and random to some, but trust me, it’s a big deal. I’ve had this book now for almost 2 years and have actually started it at least 2 different times but about 10 pages into it, I put it down and picked up something else. It wasn’t that I was bored or anything, it just kind of happened. But this year?! Ohhh no, that baby will finally get read!
And now to the fun stuff! I don’t have too many blogging goals for this year, as I’m really focused more on just revamping my site. If you have any good tips, send them my way!
- Redesign The Blog – That’s right, folks! At some point this year, I will be completely redesigning Wonderfilled Reads. I am thinking of hiring a graphic/web designer too, so if you know of any good ones that are reasonably priced or would like to do it free for their portfolio, please let me know!
- More Discussion Posts – I’m sure y’all get tired of seeing the same meme posts on my site. I try to only stick to ones that deal with what I’m actually reading, but I know we all like to see a bit more variety sometimes. I vow to give you some in 2017!
Here’s praying that I can do it all!
What are some of your reading goals and resolutions for 2017? Do you have any blogging ones, as well? Are you joining us this month in reading The Serpent King? Leave a link to your Hype or Like Friday post in the comments below!
3 thoughts on “Hype or Like Friday – January 20th, 2017”
Good luck with your goals this year!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you so much!
LikeLiked by 1 person