Woohoo, it’s Hype or Like Friday again! This meme and Goodreads group were created by myself, Jill @ Rant and Rave Books, and Britt @ Geronimo Reads. To join our group and find out more information about what it’s all about, please go to our Goodreads page HERE.
The December BOTM is A Thousand Pieces of You (Firebird, #1) by Claudia Gray.
- Answer the weekly discussion topic.
- Optional: Discuss your chosen hyped book of the week.
- Optional: Talk about your progress on the BOTM.
TOPIC OF THE WEEK: Best Reads of 2016 – Tell us your top favorite books that you’ve read this year!
Best Reads of 2016
- The Diabolic by S.J. Kincaid – The book was definitely a fun read. If you’re looking for a fun, stabby read a la Red Rising, then this book is the one for you! Full Review
- Vengeance Road by Erin Bowman – I seriously just really love this book. The main character is one of the most badass heroines that I’ve ever read about. She’s one cool chick. Full Review
- Morning Star (Red Rising, #3) by Pierce Brown – I can already tell you right now, that any book this man writes will be favorite. It’s just a given. Now I only have to wait until September for Iron Gold to be released! Full Review
- Ink and Bone (The Great Library, #1) by Rachel Caine – I’m become kind of obsessed with this series, honestly. I don’t know how I’m supposed to wait until the finale is released in July. That’s just too long from now! Full Review
- A Gathering of Shadows (Shades of Magic, #2) by V.E. Schwab – The first book was alright, but I loved this sequel. Lila Bard wasn’t annoying me anymore and I really loved how the scale increased sooo much with this one. I am so excited for the finale to come out! Full Review
- Illuminae (The Illuminae Files, #1) by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff – While I did love Gemina, this one was just sooooo freaking good that there was no way they could top it. It’s just impossible. Full Review
- A Thousand Pieces of You (Firebird, #1) by Claudia Gray – I am soooo glad that we chose this book for the Hype or Like Friday BOTM. I love a good science fiction and this one was the perfect blend of sci-fi and romance. I highly recommend it if you haven’t picked it up yet! Full review will come next Friday!
What were some of your favorite reads of 2016? Have you read any of mine? What did you think of them? Leave a link to your Hype or Like Friday post in the comments below!