Musing Mondays is a weekly theme, now being hosted by Ambrosia @ The Purple Booker, that asks you to answer one of the prompt questions and that week’s random question.
- I’m currently reading…
- Up next I think I’ll read…
- I bought the following book(s) this past week…
- I’m super excited to tell you about (book/author/bookish-news)…
- I’m really upset by (book/author/bookish-news)…
- I can’t wait to get a copy of…
- I wish I could read ___, but…
- I blogged about ____ this past week…
THIS WEEK’S RANDOM QUESTION: Does reading help you to release stress during stressful times? If it does do you have a favorite book that you return to for calm?
I bought the following book(s) this past week…
So I actually purchased these books from Book Outlet during their Black Friday Sale, but they finally arrived last week. Needless to say, I got way too many books. However, for only spending $60 on all hardbacks except for three, I think I got an insane bargain. I don’t even feel bad about it.
- Gathering Darkness (Falling Kingdoms, #3) by Morgan Rhodes, hardcover
- Valiant (The Modern Faerie Tales, #2) by Holly Black, hardcover
- A Brief History of Seven Killings by Marlon James, paperback
- A Song for Ella Grey by David Almond, hardcover
- Anna Dressed in Blood (Anna, #1) by Kendare Blake, paperback
- Artemis Awakening (Artemis Awakened, #1) by Jane Lindskold, hardcover
- Newt’s Emerald by Garth Nix, hardcover
- Armada by Ernest Cline, hardcover
- Where Futures End by Parker Peevyhouse, hardcover
- World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War by Max Brooks, paperback
- Circle of Stones by Catherine Fisher, hardcover
- The Girl at Midnight (The Girl at Midnight, #1) by Melissa Grey, hardcover
- A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett, Puffin Classics hardcover
- Fuse (Pure, #2) by Julianna Baggott, hardcover
- The Cutting Season by Attica Locke, hardcover
See, I told you that I bought a lot!
Does reading help you to release stress during stressful times? If it does do you have a favorite book that you return to for calm?
I would have to say that reading does help me relax when I’m feeling stressed. I think it’s because my mind becomes focused on what I’m reading, and not what is bothering me. However, I don’t have any particular book that I turn to. I’ll just pick up whatever book I’m in the middle of.
What books did you buy recently? Have you read any of the ones from my haul? Does reading help you release stress? Leave a link to your Musing Monday post in the comments below!