Owlcrate is a monthly bookish subscription box that includes one new release YA hardback novel, as well as 3-5 other bookish items. Each month revolves around a different theme that ties in with the book and goodies. It is also one of the few boxes that ships almost anywhere in the world. Subscriptions start at $29.99 per month.
The theme for November was Wonderland.
- Wonderland Elixir Tea – This Owlcrate exclusively designed tea blend is from Riddle’s Tea Shoppe and Adagio. This tea is a blend of decaf ceylon, peach, vanilla, marigold flowers, spice, apricots, apples, oranges, cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, and cloves. I haven’t tried it yet but my dad did. He said it was alright and very light. I prefer my tea strong but I still plan to try some! And that tin is freaking gorgeous, right?!
- Bookmark – When I found out that Authored Adornments was creating a piece for this box, I was a little hesitant because even though I love their jewelry, it’s not really my style to wear. However, when I opened up this box to see this amazing bookmark, I was so happy! I love, love, love it! I just hope it’s not too heavy and bends my pages.
- Magnet – I’m kind of obsessed with all of the supremely talented Evie Bookish‘s designs, and this beautiful magnet is no different. I highly recommend her Society 6 and RedBubble shops if you’re looking for bookish items to purchase. I own lots of her goodies, including 2 pillows and a blanket for my Pride and Prejudice themed bed decor. 🙂
- Paperback Book – Owlcrate teamed up again to bring the original Alice in Wonderland book with an exclusive cover from Rock Paper Books. The cover and matching bookmark were designed by the artist, Risa Rodil. I highly recommend checking out Rock Paper Books if you’re looking for a classic with a fresh and modernized artistic cover. Y’all, their books are gorgeous!
- Hardcover Book – The Owlcrate book this month was Heartless by Marissa Meyer. This was cover edition was created exclusively for Owlcrate and can’t be found anywhere else! How cool is that?! It’s beautiful too. You can’t tell from the picture, but the colored areas are shiny! I’ve heard great things about this book, so I can’t wait to read it. If you love fairytale retellings – this book is for you! It really helps that retellings are Meyer’s specialty, as I’m sure you’ve heard of her other series, The Lunar Chronicles. And as always, there was a letter included from the author and an adorable quote card. Swoon!
Catherine may be one of the most desired girls in Wonderland and a favorite of the unmarried King, but her interests lie elsewhere. A talented baker, she wants to open a shop and create delectable pastries. But for her mother, such a goal is unthinkable for a woman who could be a queen.
At a royal ball where Cath is expected to receive the King’s marriage proposal, she meets handsome and mysterious Jest. For the first time, she feels the pull of true attraction. At the risk of offending the King and infuriating her parents, she and Jest enter into a secret courtship.
Cath is determined to choose her own destiny. But in a land thriving with magic, madness, and monsters, fate has other plans.
Overall, this was a great box this month. I’ve always loved the very whimsical Wonderland and I think that the Owlcrate curators did a great job matching that. All of the items included were perfect and very high quality. What more can you ask for?!
The theme for the December box is Epic, and will feature a high fantasy novel starring some LGBTQA characters. Boxes are still available, but hurry and signup fast if you’re interested as they do sell out!
What did you think of the November Owlcrate box? What subscription boxes are you subscribed to? Have you read Heartless yet? What did you think of it?