I finally decided to renew my Owlcrate subscription as the September theme, Darkness, sounded soooo good. And I am extremely happy that I did, as this month’s box was filled with some pretty cool goodies!
- Scented Candle: I’m a sucker for scented candles, period. So when I saw that this month’s box was going to include a candle from The Melting Library, I did a little happy dance. Celaena’s Cake smells exactly like freshly baked vanilla cake. It’s a little too sweet for my taste but I’m pretty sure that our assassin friend would thoroughly appreciate it. I might be including this in a future giveaway so be on the look out!
- Canvas Pouch: This canvas pouch is official merchandise for the Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children movie, created by Out of Print. It features a quote from the second book in the series, Library of Souls – “Strange, I thought, how you can be living your dreams and your nightmares at the very same time.”
- Bath Bomb: This bath bomb from Da Bomb was extremely fragrant, it reminded me of blueberries and raspberries. These bath fizzers were actually fortune tellers! Ask a yes or no question and then wait for the answer to appear as soon as the bomb is finished. Such a clever idea! However, I hope you aren’t disappointed like I was because mine took forever to finish, only to say “Not gonna happen.” I need a do-over.
- Bookmark: This gorgeous bookmark was designed by Evie Bookish, who is insanely talented. I’m obsessed with her creations and currently own two throw pillows and a blanket, excluding things she’s designed for different subscriptions as well. This bookmark is a tribute to Six of Crows and features two different quotes – “When everyone knows you’re a monster, you needn’t waste time doing every monstrous thing.” and “No mourners, no funerals.”
- Passport Teaser: This passport is a teaser and introduction to a new series from P.C. Cast (the author of the House of Night series), called Moon Chosen. This will be the first book in a new series that is “set in a new world where humans, their animal allies, and the earth itself has been drastically altered – a world filled with beauty, love, forbidden secrets, and dark forces”.
- Serial: Remade is a new mini serial that will come out in 15 installments or episodes. This series is written by Matthew Cody, E.C Myers, Carrie Harris, Kiersten White, Andrea Phillips, and Gwenda Bond.
You live. You love. You die. Now RUN.
Every minute, 108 people die.
October 14th, 2016, from 9:31-9:32 pm EDT, 23 of those deaths will be teenagers. Now they are humanity’s last hope for survival.
Awakened in a post-apocalyptic world and hunted by mechanical horrors, these teens search for answers amidst the ruins of civilization. Fate, love, and loyalty face off in this adrenaline-pumping YA adventure.
- Book: This month’s book is the brand new release, Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake. I had a suspicion that this would be the book when I read some of the hints that Owlcrate was giving, and I’m so glad that I was right!! This book included a signed bookplate, a fortune teller, and a letter from Blake. I don’t think I’ll be using this fortune teller after my crappy luck with the other one.
Every generation on the island of Fennbirn, a set of triplets is born: three queens, all equal heirs to the crown and each possessor of a coveted magic. Mirabella is a fierce elemental, able to spark hungry flames or vicious storms at the snap of her fingers. Katharine is a poisoner, one who can ingest the deadliest poisons without so much as a stomachache. Arsinoe, a naturalist, is said to have the ability to bloom the reddest rose and control the fiercest of lions.
But becoming the Queen Crowned isn’t solely a matter of royal birth. Each sister has to fight for it. And it’s not just a game of win or lose…it’s life or death. The night the sisters turn sixteen, the battle begins. The last queen standing gets the crown.
If only it was that simple. Katharine is unable to tolerate the weakest poison, and Arsinoe, no matter how hard she tries, can’t make even a weed grow. The two queens have been shamefully faking their powers, taking care to keep each other, the island, and their powerful sister Mirabella none the wiser. But with alliances being formed, betrayals taking shape, and ruthless revenge haunting the queens’ every move, one thing is certain: the last queen standing might not be the strongest…but she may be the darkest.
The September box was pretty packed and I love it all. I’m so excited to start reading this book as I’ve been waiting for its release for quite some time now! Hopefully I can get to it later this month after I finish up the books already on my TBR for October. I can’t wait to see what October’s box will be!
If you are interested in signing up to receive your own monthly Owlcrate box, just click on their name link at the top of the page. This is an international box and they ship to pretty much everywhere, so don’t worry about missing out!
Do you subscribe to Owlcrate? What did you think about the September box? What subscription boxes are you a member of?