Well it’s finally September which means fall is just around the corner! I’m so happy we are now officially done with summer and can start heading towards my favorites time of year – cold weather! And yes, I enjoy the cold. It makes me feel all happy and think of Christmas which is basically the best time of year! But anyways, moving on…
Stand-Alone August was my way of trying to move a bunch of single novels off of my TBR to make room for the wayyyyyyy too many series that I have started but never finished. I prefer to binge read series but for some reason, this year I have started some but have yet to finish them (or at least catch up to the most recent book). So I decided to punch through as many of my standalones as possible first, and then proceed with Smashing Series September. This probably makes no sense to some of you, but I am my own kind of crazy and so it makes sense to me. 😉
August started a little slow for me, unfortunately. It took me a while to really find my reading groove, but once I did, BAM! My original plan was to read 13 books and while I didn’t quite achieve that goal, I did get pretty darn close. I finished 10 books which I think is quite commendable. And what’s even better was that for the most part – they were all really good! Unfortunately, I am still trying to catch up on reviews for all of them but I hope to get caught up over the weekend. Be on the lookout!
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens by Alan Dean Foster – 3 stars
- My Lady Jane by Cynthia Hand, Jodi Meadows, & Brodi Ashton – 5 stars, REVIEW
- The Storied Life of AJ Fikry by Gabrielle Zevin – 4 stars,
- We Were Liars by E. Lockhart – 4 stars, REVIEW
- The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller – 4 stars, REVIEW
- Uprooted by Naomi Novik – 5 stars, REVIEW
- Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma – 4 stars
- The Darkest Part of the Forest by Holly Black – 5 stars
- Da Vinci’s Tiger by L.M. Elliott – 4 stars
- Asleep by Krystal Wade (currently finishing up today!)
Yeahhhhh, looks like these babies will have to continue waiting for me to pick them up. Makes me kind of sad, actually. If you’ve read any of these 3 books, please let me know in the comments which ones I’m missing out on!
So what do you think about my Stand-Alone August? Have you read any really good standalone novels lately? Want to join in Smashing Series September?