Musing Mondays is a weekly theme hosted by the lovely MizB @ Books and a Beat, that asks you to answer one of the prompt questions and that week’s random question.
- I’m currently reading…
- Up next I think I’ll read…
- I bought the following book(s) this past week…
- I’m super excited to tell you about (book/author/bookish-news)…
- I’m really upset by (book/author/bookish-news)…
- I can’t wait to get a copy of…
- I wish I could read ___, but…
- I blogged about ____ this past week…
THIS WEEK’S RANDOM QUESTION: Name a favorite book you’d take to the beach.
I Bought the Following Book(s) This Past Week…
Okay, so these are actually just the books I’ve bought this month. One time was in preparation for next month’s series binge I’ll be embarking on, and today’s buys were thanks to me finishing season 2 of Star Wars Rebels which reminded me that I fell behind on my Star Wars books. For those of you who weren’t aware – I’m a seriously hardcore Star Wars fan, like an embarrassing amount. I have to read every new book that is released, excluding the EU because that would just get me excited about stories that aren’t considered canon and I can’t do that to myself. Any other Star Wars fans out there who understand my crazy nerd self?
- Sleeping Giants (Themis Files, #1) by Sylvain Neuvel
- Star Wars: Bloodline by Claudia Gray
- Star Wars: Life Debt (Aftermath, #2) by Chuck Wendig
- Pathfinder (Pathfinder, #1) by Orson Scott Card
- Paper and Fire (The Great Library, #2) by Rachel Caine
- The Winner’s Crime (The Winner’s Trilogy, #2) by Marie Rutkowski
- The Winner’s Kiss (The Winner’s Trilogy, #3) by Marie Rutkowski
- The Heart of Betrayal (The Remnant Chronicles, #2) by Mary E. Pearson
- The Beauty of Darkness (The Remnant Chronicles, #3) by Mary E. Pearson
- Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass, #2) by Sarah J. Maas
- Heir of Fire (Throne of Glass, #3) by Sarah J. Maas
- Queen of Shadows (Throne of Glass, #4) by Sarah J. Maas
- Mistborn (Mistborn, #1) by Brandon Sanderson
- The School for Good and Evil (The School for Good and Evil, #1) by Soman Chainani
- Star Wars: Lost Stars by Claudia Gray
- Carry On by Rainbow Rowell
- Love and Gelato by Jenna Evans Welch
Sweet mother of God, this is what happens when you become a single adult with a full-time paying job – you spend all of your money on books.
I need to get a life.
Name a Favorite Book to Take to the Beach.
Hmmm, I don’t think I have an answer for this one. I would just take whatever book is next on my TBR. That’s the way I roll!
What books have you bought this month? What book would you take to the beach? Are you a huge Star Wars nerd like me? Or do you prefer Star Trek? There’s not right or wrong answer!
Well there is, but I won’t be upset with you for picking the wrong one. I enjoy Star Trek too, but it’s just not in the same league. 😉