Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme currently being hosted by MizB @ Books and a Beat. All are welcome to participate!
- Grab your current read
- Open to a random page
- Share two ‘teaser’ sentences from somewhere on that page
- BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! You don’t want to give too much away so as to not ruin the book for others!
- Share the title and author so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR lists if they like your teasers.
A Darker Shade of Magic (Shades of Magic, #1) by V.E. Schwab
A knife buried itself in the post beside his head, and the room snapped back into focus.
“Have you gone deaf?” growled Lila, freeing another blade. “I said put it down.”
While this book has been enjoyable so far (I’m about 150 pages in) and I absolutely love the unique story and world building, it hasn’t hit the point where it matches all of the hype. Does it get better? Is it just me?
NetGalley ARC Book
Nora & Kettle by Lauren Nicolle Taylor
It was a home for boys, but that’s all I can recall. And if I could have given it a name, it would have been hell.
I’m about to start the 3rd chapter of this book but it’s already pretty depressing. I don’t know how I’m going to finish this one. I just hope it gets better soon.
Leave a link to your Teaser Tuesday or just post it as a comment! This is one of those times where it’s okay to just be a tease! 😉
So this month’s theme for Owlcrate was Writer’s Block. I enjoy writing but I’m probably one of the few book bloggers, while it would be fun to be an author, is pretty much not ever going to seriously pursue that career path. I would rather own the bookstore than write the books in it. Too many deadlines and pressure and such for my taste. So while this was a good box like always, I think I would’ve enjoyed a different theme more.
- Banned Books Socks – These awesome socks are from Out of Print Clothing, which is this really cool literary themed online shop that has clothes, tote bags, accessories. These are the banned book socks and they’re so cool. One sock has all of the books marked out and the other has them all listed. Super cool idea! They seem pretty sturdy and well-made but I wish they were just a tad softer.
- Custom Pins – I pretty much am obsessed with everything that Bookworm Boutique creates for her shop and so I really loved these pins. Y’all have probably seen all of her amazing creations all over bookstagram because she’s awesome. Her bookstagram account is gorgeous as well! But yeah, I love these pins. It’s so cool to me when items are created specifically for subscription boxes. I feel really special. I just wish I had something to stick them on. Maybe my backpack? Wait, do I even still have my backpack?! I should probably find that out before BookCon.
- 642 Tiny Things to Write About Notebook – So I skimmed through this book from Chronicle Books and I have to say that it’s pretty freaking cool. Sometimes writers get writer’s block and just everything in your mind blanks, leaving you with nothing but frustration. Well, the prompts in this book are the perfect thing to get you outta that slump and those creative juices flowing. I’m actually considering doing a monthly post where I write a little short something from one of the prompts. Would anyone be interested in reading that or is it a waste of time?
- Quill Pen (not pictured) – So I think there were different colors of these sent out but I received the white one and I love it. It’s basically just a long white pen made out of rubber to look like a feather, nothin really to it. However, this pen writes like a freaking dream. It just glides across the paper! You could say I’m a bit obsessed. If you want your own, you can find these over at Kikkerland. Trust me, it’s worth $2.50.
- Book – This was the holy grail of this box this month, The Serpent King by Jeff Zentner. I have been looking at this book for ages and am so jealous of the people who have already gotten to read it. I’ve heard nothing but amazing things about it and I cannot wait to read it myself. I actually almost bought this book the weekend before last but I’m so glad that I didn’t because I came home and it was waiting for me in my Owlcrate. Like, talk about destiny! Also included with the book was an amazing letter from Jeff and a ‘column’ postcard. I just need to read the book now to find out what the reference is about.
All in all, this was a great box. It’s hard to dislike anything that comes from Owlcrate, I mean come on, they’re the best. I’m much more excited about next month’s box because they just released the theme for April and it’s going to be Dystopian!!! So yeah, I’m interested in finding out what book I shall be receiving for that.
If you are interested in signing up to receive your own monthly Owlcrate box, just click on their name link at the top of the page. This is an international box and they ship to pretty much everywhere, so don’t worry about missing out!
Do you receive Owlcrate boxes? What subscription boxes do you get?