After the January box, I had planned to cancel my subscription to this service because I just wasn’t impressed with how it was packed and handled. Two of my items broke within the first few days and that is pretty awful. Unfortunately, I had forgotten that I had prepaid for 3 months so I could try and get a full idea on whether or not I wanted to continue with my subscription to The Best Damn Book Box. Luckily, this month’s box came with some goodies that I’ll actually get to enjoy! The theme for February was Sleeping Beauty’s Lazy Sunday and I must say, I will really appreciate that this weekend.
- Candle: Sleeping Beauty inspired tea candle from From The Page. It’s pink and smells of red velvet birthday cake and vanilla A little too sweet for me so I might give it away or something. I would have preferred a relaxing scent like lavender to go with the theme but that’s just me.
- Earrings: Dainty and lightweight earrings in the shape of angel wings created by The Best Damn Craft Shop. This shop is actually the same group that curates the boxes, in case that wasn’t obvious hehe! I’m interested in seeing how long these last since the two items they created for the last box were the ones that broke so quickly. They’re not my normal style but they’re nice for a casual look.
- Bath Bomb: Now this is what I’m excited about! I love bath bombs and think they’re amazing. They’re like the adult version of a bubble bath and everyone enjoys a good bubble bath! This bath bomb comes from Sugar and Soy and is rose scented. I think I even spotted some dried rose petals in it which is wonderful. I’m really looking forward to using this one!
- Soap Bouquet: This rose scented soap bouquet is from Ready Made Gifts. The scent is really strong and so I’m interested in seeing how it holds up once it’s in water and being used. My dad actually thought it was a big lollipop and tried to steal it from me so I had to assure him it was just soap hahaha! I think there were 4 soaps total in the bouquet which is nice and should last a while.
- Lip Balm: Red velvet scented lip balm courtesy of Enchanted Storybook Spa. This is a really small container of it and I could barely get any on my finger when I tried using it which may become a bit of a problem. But it has a nice scent that isn’t so strong that it overwhelms you and I appreciate that. Maybe I can scoop it out and put it in a new container?
- Book: This month’s book is a debut novel from indie author, Krystal Wade. Asleep is a twisted retelling of Sleeping Beauty set in an insane asylum, and with an average rating of 4.35 stars on Goodreads, I’d say that’s a pretty great debut. I’m thinking of bumping this one to the top of my TBR pile for this month just to see if the hype is worth it. I mean just check out the synopsis for yourself and try and tell me that you’re not interested after that!
“To cure fear, you must use fear.”
Rose Briar claims no responsibility for the act that led to her imprisonment in an asylum. She wants to escape, until terrifying nightmares make her question her sanity and reach out to her doctor. He’s understanding and caring in ways her parents never have been, but as her walls tumble down and Rose admits fault, a fellow patient warns her to stop the medications. Phillip believes the doctor is evil and they’ll never make it out of the facility alive. Trusting him might be just the thing to save her. Or it might prove the asylum is exactly where she needs to be.
I will say that I’m really disappointed that I didn’t even receive the box until March. It’s shipped from Colorado and that’s only a 3 day shipping timeframe to Texas. On their website, it states that all boxes will ship between the 20th and 25th of each month. Well, I hate to break it to you but that’s a lie. The shipping label for mine wasn’t even created until the 28th of February and didn’t actually ship until the 29th. I don’t mind if there’s an issue or something but I think it’s only common courtesy to let your buyers know that the boxes will be late. It’s not a big thing but I find it a tad unprofessional.
I think overall this month’s box was a much better deal compared to the January Alice In Wonderland box. These are items that I’ll actually use, with a much lower chance of breaking. (And no, I’m still not over that). I think the overall quality of the items was much better than before and that’s good to see. The theme for the March box is Magical Beings and Magical Things and is being really hyped up on Instagram. I’m looking forward to seeing how it turns out because it will be my deciding factor on whether or not to renew my subscription or find a different service.
Do you have a subscription with The Best Damn Book Box? What are your thoughts on it? Are there any different book boxes that you recommend?