I love when subscription boxes have a monthly theme. I’m always excited when they tease you for a few weeks and then BAM, finally tell you what it’s going to be. I love every second of it. Needless to say, when Owlcrate decided that February’s theme was going to be Sci-Fi Love, I did a little happy dance.
Seriously, look at all of the awesomeness in this month’s box. 2 BOOKS?! Stop it, Owlcrate, you’re just spoiling us now.
- Lunar Chronicles Tote Bag – Okay, so I may have only read Cinder when it first came out but my dad decided to read it after me and LOVED it so much he went and bought the second book while I was living in Prague. Now they’re both just staring at me on my bookshelf, practically screaming at me to reread and catch up. Have no fear lovelies, I’ll get to you soon! But seriously, this tote is wonderful and I can’t wait to take it to the beach. It was designed by the Owlcrate team specifically for this box. So you could say it’s a limited edition.
- TARDIS Brooch – I’m not the biggest Doctor Who fan in that I’ve only seen like 10 minutes of an episode. But this handmade wooden magnet by Vector Engraving is amazing and so pretty.
- The Time Machine by H.G. Wells – Not a big fan of this book but it is the original sci-fi classic. Everyone should read it at least once in their lives. I do appreciate that this book came with a discount code to Rock Paper Books which is a company that publishes classic books with modern art created by digital artists! How cool is that?!
- The Love That Split The World by Emily Henry – This debut novel is about a time-traveling romance. I’ve heard some really great things about it and can’t wait to read it for myself. I had already purchased it a few weeks ago so now I have two copies and am looking to do a giveaway of it soon. I’ll probably include my TARDIS brooch as well, because hey, time-travel! I know some of you Whovians will appreciate it!
- Signed Bookplate and Letter – I’m in love with the signed bookplate this month. It’s beautiful and the quote is fantastic. I think it may even be a sticker! But my absolutely favorite thing in this month’s box was the letter from the author. I teared up reading it because it’s so heartfelt and sweet and wonderful and lovely. I plan to frame it in the near future and showcase it on my nightstand. Because of it, even if I don’t enjoy this first book by her (which I’m sure I will!), I will continue to buy every book she writes. If I ever meet her, I want to give her the biggest hug and say thank you for being so kind.
Run, don’t walk, and go and order a box from Owlcrate to see for yourself just how amazing their boxes are. They ship internationally so wherever you are, you’ll be able to join in the fun! You can visit there website HERE. Next month’s theme is Writer’s Block so I’m really interested in seeing how it turns. My fingers are crossed for a notepad or journal!