I started this blog in January to have a place to share my love for books. I wasn’t sure if I would ever have anyone that actually cared to see my thoughts and opinions on what I’ve been reading, I was just having fun with what I was doing. So knowing that I have been reaching people and they are enjoying what I have to say means the world to me. Thank you so much to Kelly @ Kelly’s Ramblings for this nomination!
1. Acknowledge the blog that nominated you and display the award on your blog.
2. Answer the 11 questions that the blog gives you.
3. Give 11 random facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 5-11 blogs that you think are deserving of the award that have less than 200 followers.
5. Let the blogs know that you have nominated them.
6. Give them 11 questions to answer.
Questions from Kelly:
If you were an animal, what would you be and why? – Hmmmm, I think I’d like to be a horse or a tiger. They’re both such majestic creatures and are so beautiful. But I also wouldn’t mind be a dog so I could have someone rub my belly all day. 🙂
What book has had the biggest effect on you? Why? – Now this is a tough one! But I think I’ll have to go with Anne of Green Gables. My Nana gave me a copy when I was 8 and I read the whole thing by myself! I wanted to be Anne so badly. She’s always optimistic, so caring, has the greatest imagination, and loves reading! So yeah, she pretty much taught me my love for books.
Where is your favorite place to read? – Definitely my bed, but if I had a big comfy chair then I’d read there too. Now I need to go buy myself a chair.
Who is your biggest celebrity inspiration? – Is it cliché to say Emma Watson? It’s not? Okay, good. It’s Emma Watson. But my style inspirations would be Kate Hudson, Cate Blanchett, and Reese Witherspoon. All with very different styles that I love!
What is your favorite tv series? – Geeze, where do I begin… Friends, Homeland, House, Outlander, Gilmore Girls, Bob’s Burgers, Sons of Anarchy, The Tudors… Okay, I’ll stop there.
What is your most highly anticipated book of 2016? – After reading A Court of Thorns and Roses the other day, it is now most definitely, A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas. Thank goodness, I only have to wait until May!
Ebooks or physical books? – Physical books all of the way. Though it’s nice to be able to just carry 1,000 books around on your Kindle when you’re traveling.
What is your favorite thing about blogging? – Just being able to connect with some many amazing people who enjoy reading as much as I do!
If you were stranded on an island, what three books would you want with you? – The Count of Monte Cristo, the entire Harry Potter Series (I’m counting it as one because I can do that), and The Red Rising Trilogy.
Who is your fictional best friend? – Probably Sevro from Red Rising. He’s hilarious and loyal, two of the most important things I look for in a friend.
What book would you most like to be made into a movie and who would you cast into the lead roles? – If it wasn’t already obvious, I love Red Rising so I’m going to go with that one. The rights have actually been sold already but it’s still in pre-production and waiting for the green light. As for the cast, I have no idea! If you have any suggestions then send them my way!
11 Facts About Myself
- I dislike coffee but I love me some hot tea.
- I was a member of my high school’s dance team.
- I spent a year living in Prague teaching English after I graduated from TCU.
- My dream job is owning a bookstore.
- My celebrity crush is Sam Heughan. If you know him, send him my way. 😉
- I read Atlas Shrugged when I was only 14.
- I’ve been to 14 different countries.
- My favorite music genre is alternative. I’m currently obsessing over Halsey and London Grammar.
- I have a degree in Political Science.
- I’m a whiskey drinker.
- I can quote movies like nobody’s business.
Questions for My Nominees:
- What is a book or series that everyone else loves but you didn’t enjoy?
- What three fictional characters would you invite to dinner? Why?
- Which fictional universe would you like to live in?
- What random topic would you like to blog about if you thought someone would read it?
- When buying a book, do you research beforehand or just buy on a whim (cover buy)?
- Do you like to listen to music while reading or writing? If so, who/what do you prefer listening to?
- What movie from the last year is your favorite?
- Do you subscribe to any subscription boxes? If so, which ones?
- Which authors do you always buy their books, no matter what it’s about?
- Who is fictional your fictional boyfriend?
- Which movie/tv series do you think was better than the book?
And The Nominees Are…
I know I’m supposed to only nominate a few people but I believe that everyone’s blog is wonderful. If you have less than 200 followers on your blog, I nominate you! Just make sure to leave a link to your post so I can see your answers.
You’re all beautiful and amazing so you deserve this!