Best Damn Book Box is another book subscription box. Each box typically includes one YA book and then 4-5 other little bookish items. They can be many different items such as candles, snacks, coffee mugs, accessories, totes, bookmarks, stationary, etc. Some of these items are also exclusive and can only be found through their box. However, at $39.99 plus shipping per box, it is a bit on the expensive side.
January’s theme was Alice in Wonderland which is one of my favorite children’s book so I knew I had to get my hands on this box. Thanks to the wonderful blizzard that stormed through the U.S., the January box didn’t get to ship out on time. This left me with a lot of time to get all excited about what I was going to find once my box arrived! So this morning when my box showed up on my front porch, I may have squealed. Just a tiny bit.
- Map of Wonderland: This is a really pretty map and one that I would’ve liked to have framed. However, it was printed crookedly on the paper and was all bent up in the box. It even had a rip in the upper-left corner, so that was a little disappointing.
- Queen of Hearts candle: As a candle fanatic, I absolutely adore this candle. This one is by Form and Flux from Nook and Burrow. It comes in a cute little glass jar with glitter covered wax. So cute! The smell is nice too, I just can’t figure out what it is.
- Drink Me Elixir Key Charm: A really cute keychain from The Best Damn Book Box Craft Shop that includes the eat me bottle, a crown, and the bottle cap picture. I needed something to go on my keychain and this was perfect.
- Soap: Two little daisy shaped soaps from Enchanted Story Book Spa. Apparently these came in various fragrances and I received the plumeria scent. It’s a very nice soft scent and will be used up very soon I’m sure.
- Bookmark: This bookmark is from Charming Bookmarks by Nerd Trends on Etsy. It’s such a cute quote because who doesn’t love the White Rabbit?
- Eat Me Snack (not pictured): This was a single little treat from Meechies Kreations. It’s not pictured because it had broken into a few pieces and then my dad proceeded to eat half of it (of course). It was a red velvet Oreo cookie dipped into purple dyed chocolate.
- Paperback Book: Alice in Wonderland & Through the Looking-Glass by Lewis Carroll which every person should have a copy of.
- Hardcover Book: Once Upon a Zombie, Book One: The Color of Fear by Billy Phillips is a reimagining of Alice in Wonderland as a zombie. I’ve been seeing it on #bookstagram recently but didn’t seem like my type of book (not a big horror fan). But now that I’ve got a copy, it seems quite intriguing so I’m interested in seeing how it turns out.
Overall, this box was pretty average for me. I did enjoy that I got two books and not just one which was a nice surprise. There was quite a few little cute goodies as well. However, I felt it to be a tad cheaply done. The box wasn’t packed very well and all of the items were all jumbled together. This caused the snack to be broken and the map to be ripped (thank goodness the candle was alright!). All of this together ruined the opening for me, because instead of it being neatly packed and situated, it was all just thrown into the box. For the price, I expected a bit more so I don’t think I will be renewing my subscription. I hope your box was better!